iMac vs Macbook Pro (please, please help)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Finlandboy, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

to start off, i have searched the forums so don't hate if you think this questions been answered before, and i didn't see it :)

But am looking to get either a iMac or a Macbook Pro but i can't decide, now the first thing you are going to say to me is are you going to need it to be portable, if so then pick the Macbook Pro

well i have a :apple: g4 laptop and don't travel too much with it, so portability is a factor but not a big one, but i really want to know which one you would prefer as a overall better computer, from experience or knowledge

i am a junior in H.S. and will be going to college in about 2 yrs and i want this comp to last a while. now the configurations don't matter b/c which ever one i pick i will set up almost the same,

but if you had this same problem of which computer to pick what did you choose and are you happy with your choice, and any other advice would be greatly appreciated

thanx in advance :p

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i would personally wait till you graduate in 2 years to get a computer

but if you want one now, id get the imac as you have the pb and its cheaper

i have a mb cd and its great for me (but i dont play games on it either)

3. Finlandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

i was leaning towards the iMac but wasn't sure,

any more advice from others would be great :p

4. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Go with the imac, bigger hard drive, no need for external monitor and you already have a laptop. The MacBook Pro's are great but since you already have one an iMac would be better.

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Hands down go with the iMac. I would only vote the other way if you were going off to school now. You can still sell the iMac in 2 yrs and get a notebook.

6. Finlandboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

thanx guys that reassured my decision,

now i guess with the cheaper imac i can use the rest of the money for a new g4 battery. :D