iMac vs. Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by .michael, Nov 9, 2007.

1. .michael macrumors regular

If I would be buying an iMac, it would be the 20in 2.4GHz model. If I would be buying a macbook, it would be a 2.2GHz, black or white ? I can't decided which would be better; the convience of a laptop vs. the power of a desktop. (Plus the risk of dropping or having an accident with the laptop)

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if this is to be your only computer, i'd opt for the laptop only if you have to move it around for work or school. if you can get by without the convenience of a laptop, i'd get the imac for the bigger display. while it's nice to use your computer while in bed or anywhere around the house (or out of the house), but i find there's no substitute for a big display.

3. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

4. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

I concur .. I have been using my macbook with 20" widescreen for awhile and its GREAT.. all the benefits. and portablilty when I need it.

5. .michael thread starter macrumors regular

How would you feel...

If I didn't get an external screen or w/e for the laptop.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

in my opinion, 13" is too small for a lone computing solution. if portability isn't a necessity, get the imac.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I too have a macbook and 20" display... and I'd much prefer an imac. So much more power, more ports, fewer wires... just much nicer, faster, and cleaner. Sadly, I cannot go without a laptop for school.

8. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I think that the MacBook Pro is more comparable to the computing power of the iMac especially if you want to play the newest games on you laptop. The built-in video card in the MacBook won't play some of the new games.

I'm not sure which I would prefer to own. If I had to make a choice I would go with the MacBook Pro.

9. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I agree:)
    unless you use some graphics intensive apps a macbook would be enough performance wise...
    the question is do you need to be mobile if not buy the imac