Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedoyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
So I already have a UMB 2.0 from last fall and I have started to do a good amount of photo editing with Aperture and CS4. I already upgraded my ram to 4 GB, but I feel like I need more screen space. My Mac seems to be running slightly sluggish when I run Aperture and Photoshop but that might be because my hard drive is almost full. I certainly would love the processor bump in the iMac but I know it doesn't have the LED display and I've read all the problems about the iMac displays. Should I sell my Macbook and upgrade to an iMac, or should I get a 24" ACD, or should I just wait and see if Apple releases a new iMac with an LED display?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I have a 17" MBP with a 23" ACD
I love the extra screen real estate
But I also love the portability of my MBP too

I am sitting at Dairy Queen right now
Can't do that with an iMac ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Get external HD and put all your pictures there, that'll speed up your system. iMacs have great screens, and only few people have had serious problems. Also, think about other brand display as well, Apple ones are quite expensive but very high quality. If you get an iMac, you'll lose portability and that's quite important nowadays.

jedoyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Do you think that a 2.0 will still be fast enough to run Photoshop and Aperture?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.