iMac wakes from sleep, but no login box?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by pjk, May 30, 2012.

1. pjk macrumors member

I have my iMac password protected, so anytime it wakes from sleep or whenever the display sleeps, after waking it a login box pops up and I need to login before getting access. Every couple weeks, I'll wake the computer and no box will pop up. I'll see the mouse and can move it around, but the box is no where. In this case, I have to hold the off button on the computer to shut it down. It sucks, as I lose all my open windows. Is there any solution to this issue?

Thanks!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've experienced something similar. Clicking the mouse once makes the login box come up every time, though. I use a wired mouse / keyboard.

3. pjk thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but I've tried clicking it once, I've also tried pushing keys on the board. None of it works. If I push any key, it just makes a "boink" sound like I am pushing a key that isn't being entered anywhere. If I hold a key down, it will eventually re-sleep the computer. When I wake it, get the same issue.

The only way I've been able to solve this is to press and hold the shut off button and reboot.

Anyone else?

4. pjk thread starter macrumors member

Anyone have any additional ideas or solutions? Thanks