iMac went DEAD... okay now but Boot Up is Significantly SLOWER

Discussion in 'iMac' started by blurfonz04, Mar 4, 2016.

1. blurfonz04 macrumors newbie

blurfonz04

Funny... my late iMac 2015 Retina 27' simply went DEAD... boot to recovery. But I can't do nothing. Everything was not possible... couldn't format the partition is GONE.. cannot create partition also. As drive was LOCKED. Call up Apple ... they sent an on site tech. Who came and restored my iMac.

But now... the boot up is significantly longer.

Any ideas?

2. varian55zx macrumors 6502a

varian55zx

late 2015? You have 90 days of complimentary telephone support and a one year warranty from purchase. Get a new one if you can. Or bring it to the Apple Store. If it's like my problem they will fix for free. Good luck

3. blurfonz04 thread starter macrumors newbie

blurfonz04

Yep... But Apple Tech had already came on site and solved it. But now the boot up is slower.....

Also in my country, theres no apple store... they get 3rd party authorised service provider to come down

4. r6mile macrumors 6502

Click on system preferences, then start-up disk, and then click on your 'Macintosh HD' partition. Then restart. see if it makes a difference.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Are you using a fusion drive? Your SSD may have died.

6. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

They solve one problem, but create another. So, call them again for the slow boot, let the guy come to your place to fix it.