iMac wifi keeps disconnecting

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TheEpicFilmCo, Mar 8, 2009.

1. TheEpicFilmCo macrumors regular

I got a iMac in November and now my iMac keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting to the internet. I know there's nothing wrong with my router as my iPod Touch is connected to the internet fine.
    So please help. It's so annoying.

2. gjw4u macrumors 6502

3. TheEpicFilmCo thread starter macrumors regular

I really don't want to take it into repair- but if there is no other solution...

4. Esulatell macrumors member

Its a long-shot but maybe you could just give the Airport chip a rest for a couple days, use wired and then flick back to wireless after a few hours or so.
    Shup' might work :D

5. TheEpicFilmCo thread starter macrumors regular

I'm along way away from my router though... But if you think it'll work I could just not use my iMac for a few days.

6. TheEpicFilmCo thread starter macrumors regular

7. cjslator macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem with my iMac. The wireless kept dropping out and you had to reselect by clicking on the Airport fan and selecting the network again.

Have a look at this thread. It has sorted my out perfectly. Also to note I have three windows PC's (2x XP and 1x Vista) which didn't have a problem whatsoever.

8. normanway macrumors newbie

Been having these problems and now i changed to channel 13 and all is super quick, i wil try other channels also just to see.