Imac wifi

Discussion in 'iMac' started by seano87fl, Dec 16, 2011.

1. seano87fl macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I have a Imac and when i get on wifi works like it should, but a random amount of time (generally within the first 10 minutes), the wifi kicks out. The wifi logo changes to something I'm not really sure what it means, but I have attached it. Please let me know if you know what this means or how to fix it, it has been like this for months. I have had my Imac at at 3 different homes with 3 different wireless set ups. So I know its not the router. I have an Iphone, Itouch, and a macbook that all run fine.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. fleawannabe macrumors regular

My airport never worked right and I always thought it was my router, well I just got a new router and it still does not work right, ill have full service but it will go super slow or sometimes it will run very good, I now have it directly connected. If your mac is under warrenty still I would take it to apple and have them check it out.

3. seano87fl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks yea i know its the mac. It start fine and I get the internet then after a few mins it just kicks out that logo shows up and i cant get the airport to work anymore it doesn't list any of the wifi router's.

4. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

If your warrant isn't good still then pay to have them to repair it or buy a new iMac is my suggestion and sell the old one

5. fleawannabe macrumors regular

i imagine apple would charge a lot to fix it. Couldnt you just get a wireless usb reciever to fix the problem?