imac will not boot up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wigan Pixie, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Wigan Pixie, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

Wigan Pixie macrumors newbie

My imac was updating a couple of days ago and we had a power cut. Since then, when switched on, we just hear the noise then it goes to the grey screen with the little circular arrow going around. This stays on for a couple of minutes and then it switches itself off.

I've tried the options I can from the 'mac won't boot page' but to no avail. Is there anything else I can try, as it's now out of warranty and I can't afford to take it to the shop as I've got a very large vet bill to find, thanks to my damned cat.

I really hope someone can help me.

cheers
    Pix :)

2. g4 powerbookboy macrumors regular

do you have the disks it came with, maybe try to boot it with those. hate to say this but you may have to reinstall the os again, just started using apple computers a little more than a year ago but had to reinstall the os every time there was a power failure when my windows computers were updating.

3. Wigan Pixie thread starter macrumors newbie

I should be able to find the discs somewhere. If not, is there somewhere I can download them and is there a tutorial on here on how to do it? Sorry for asking questions instead of searching around here but I'm on a dodgy old laptop, which keeps overheating and dying on me.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Apple will replace your original restore disks for a small fee.