iMac Windows7 display issue after months of working correctly

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by perri05, Nov 13, 2010.

1. perri05 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

This problem has been weighing down on me for months now and it's finally driven me to join this forum after searching for solutions all over the place I haven't been able to find anything but a few tips.

Here's the problem. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate [bootcamp] on my late 2009 iMac about 9 months ago and it worked great. Unfortunately about 4 months ago I tried to boot up to Windows again and it didn't work. I got the familiar 'Loading' screen but when it finished loading all I got was a black screen. I noticed that it chimes when I press on the keyboard so It seems that Windows IS running but the display isn't working.

I was told to try running in safe mode and it WORKED. I was able to see everything after boot up. This led my aid to believe I just need to install the new Win7 drivers apple had released, file name: iMac_Late_2009_2010_Win7_Drivers. Unfortunately Apple's instructions for installing these drivers are for installation. I DO NOT WANT TO REINSTALL.

How can I install these drivers in safe mode?

2. perri05 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. perri05 thread starter macrumors newbie

really?

So nobody has come across this issue? Can you recommend any other place to get help?