Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAngusBurger

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
Hi,

I've been looking at the iMacs for a while now, and I'm *hoping* to get one soon.

The 20" 2.4ghz model looks about right, I don't have a huge amount of cash so I can't really splash out on the 24" model.

Anyway, I was hoping to put 2 gb extra RAM in it and run Design Premium CS3 (student licence) and maybe Logic. Is it powerful enough, or will I need a MP for this kinda thing?

Opinions appreciated,

Teh Burgeh

munson

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2008
Boston, MA
Hi,

I've been looking at the iMacs for a while now, and I'm *hoping* to get one soon.

The 20" 2.4ghz model looks about right, I don't have a huge amount of cash so I can't really splash out on the 24" model.

Anyway, I was hoping to put 2 gb extra RAM in it and run Design Premium CS3 (student licence) and maybe Logic. Is it powerful enough, or will I need a MP for this kinda thing?

Opinions appreciated,

Teh Burgeh

I can't say much about Logic, but you should have no problem at all with CS3, especially with the added RAM.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Logic would run beautifully, depending on the number of plugins you run which is the case with any computer.

The iMacs are far more than powerful enough to do some serious work with Logic and CS3...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.