Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurkeyReaper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Iowa
When I hook up two Dell U2142 M monitors using Thunderbolt (minidisplay port) to DVI adapter on my imac i7 2011 model will I run into any problems using Adobe Premiere Pro? I'm fairly new to iMac's and have never worked with dual monitors. I've read so many different responses on dual monitor problems and wanted some clarification before I receive my monitors on Friday.

Thanks,

TR

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
What Mac OS X version are you using? And why not use a better interface, like a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (or two in your case) instead of a very old standard like VGA (which delivers less quality)?

TurkeyReaper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Iowa
What Mac OS X version are you using? And why not use a better interface, like a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (or two in your case) instead of a very old standard like VGA (which delivers less quality)?

I guess I meant DVI. So minidisplay port to DVI. As for Mac OS Version, i'm not sure (it would be the newest version in 2011 i'm guessing). I'll have to check.

I really appreciate these questions. I'm trying to learn as much as possilbe.

Thanks,

TR

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.