imac with leopard now or imac and ipod nano with leopard later

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by blueicedj, Jul 26, 2007.

  1. blueicedj macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2007
    #1
    I was wondering...would it be smarter to buy a new iMac while the ipod nano offer is still up, and then wait till october to buy leopard and install that, or should I just wait for leopard to roll out to buy an imac. The reason I worry is I don't know how well upgrading from tiger to leopard will be...will it erase all my data? Will be slower than if it was on my computer when I bought it?
     
  2. Gandhi macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    Location:
    TX
    #2
    Let me guess - you are a Windows user planning on switching, aren't you? I switched last September, so I know that feeling. Unlike Windows, each new iteration of OS X does not become bloated and slower. And upgrading to Leopard is a seamless and painless process - and you have some options, to back up your existing system before you install.

    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301270

    AS for your first question - if you need it now, buy it now, but if you can wait, wait. And if you do not have an iPod, or are looking to get a new one, this would be a great time to buy.
     

Share This Page