iMac with matte display?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zoran, Oct 13, 2010.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Is it possible Apple might offer sutch an option like it was done with the laptops?

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

nope! u need the mini DP and USB socket so its would be the same with out the magsafe!

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

i got no idea what your implying, i assume its funny/ironic but i dont get it! :eek:

4. Frith macrumors newbie

I suspect the miss-communication has come from you spelling it "mate" (meaning friend or partner) rather than "matte" (meaning flat or non-gloss)

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It's possible, but I think it is unlikely, if people really want a matte display they will buy a mac mini and an external display.

6. mjsmke macrumors 6502a

Apple probably decide by how many they sell. If they sold more year on year with shiny screens than with the old matte screens they will continue to make them with shiny screens. The idea of a glass cover over the screen is good to protect it. It's so anoying when a friend comes round and pokes one of my screens everytime they like what they see on it.

7. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

or a easier and cheaper option a earlier iMac , the only option i had as i even on the monitor side matte displays are now rare as hens teeth
    dont know why everybody wants these mirrors on their desk , but never mind
    i am happy with the iMac core duo 1.83 , and found a samsung sync master 760bf monitor with matte display , ok equipment is years old but i just dont care as long as its not glossy