iMac with Premier CC

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by nickgertler, Dec 26, 2013.

1. nickgertler macrumors newbie

I'm considering buying one of the 21.5 iMacs and specing it out (16 gigs ram, 3.1 i7, fusion drive). Does anybody have experience with this kind of machine running Premier CC. I currently have the 2010 iMac and am experiencing horribly slow render times. Anyone with experience using Premier on the new iMacs or even just using the new iMacs generally, how are they?

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Horribly slow render times exporting what to what?

Also what sort of times are you experiencing and what settings are you using?

There is no doubt that a new computer will be much faster but it may not be ‘fast enough’ for you, if that makes sense.

3. Siderz macrumors 6502a

They're good, they work with Premiere well, you might even be able to get CUDA with the later model.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I find my iMac to be fast enough for my uses. I'm only using LR though not CC. See signature for specs.

The only programme where I see any beach balls is DXO Optics Pro 9. But it's only like 10 seconds or so to process a shot. Compared to my mates MacBook Pro it was much quicker.

5. david401 macrumors member

I have last gens 680MX iMac with fusion drive. It's awesome for the CC Suite, I've logged countless hours in Premiere and never had an issue. With Cuda it previews pretty much anything without rendering, even if it's been dynamic linked to AE.