imac with windows boot issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by FTLOSM, Jan 27, 2017.

1. FTLOSM macrumors member

I have an imac that I had installed windows on using bootcamp originally then added a program called parallels so I didn't have to reboot each time to go back and forth between the OS's.

It seemed like I was constantly having to pay fees to "upgrade" parallels to keep it working and I got tired of doing that so I decided to just uninstall parallels and go back to using windows via the old method which I believe was hold alt key choose windows drive click the arrow below).

I do this and windows appears to be starting then quick flash of a bluescreen error and mac os starts now.

I never had an issue with the windows side of this machine before uninstalling parallels, but I am pretty unfamiliar with what to check or do to try and fix this so I can just get into windows when I occasionally need to use a specific program or whatnot, just got tired of all the parallels upgrade fees to continue being able to use the virtual switching ability.

If any of this makes sense i'd appreciate some ideas or options as to how I can get back into windows occasionally on this imac without having to pay even more money, hopefully I didn't just lock myself out of using windows on here, i don't have any non replaceable files or anything on there just some software i use now and then that is windows based.

Bill

2. roadkill401 macrumors 6502

roadkill401

have you looked into using WINE? if the app is not a heavy graphic based program, then you might be able to run it locally on the mac without needed parrallels or fusion

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno