iMac won't boot

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Drask, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Drask, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

Drask macrumors regular

Hello there,

So I tried to install windows 7 via bootcamp just a few minutes ago, I have an iMac 27" i5 model, when it finished doing the partition the imac restarted and when trying to boot from the windows 7 cd it says "windows 7 cannot boot from cd -code 5" I removed the cd and now when I restart it, it says "no bootable device".

I got a wireless apple mouse/keyboard, I guess they are not working because I have pressed the option key while restarting but nothing happens (I used a USB mouse to remove the disk by left clicking) I tried to plug my USB microsoft keyboard but I guess I need driviers or something.

I cant get to start OS X lion, please help.

Edit: I have tried 3 USB keyboards, none of them work on the iMac but they do on my PC :S

2. JSchwartz15 macrumors regular

You could try using a USB keyboard and mouse. Other than that I don't know. Maybe someone else on here will...

3. Drask thread starter macrumors regular

As I said, I already tried with my Microsoft keyboard and mouse (mouse did recognize, keyboard didn't)

4. kpgh554 macrumors regular

kpgh554

you could try using boot disc that came with comp if boot on that can set startup disc from there using just mouse. also check in the utilities make sure not unmounted osx lion. need a wired mac key board otherwise [maybe you know where to borrow one]