iMac won't connect to internet - Plz Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wizwaz3, Mar 31, 2008.

1. wizwaz3 macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

Hi everybody, I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but I'm having a problem with my iMac. We have a wireless network here and my iMac shows that the Airport card is connecting, but it won't transfer data from the internet. I'm currently using our Macbook to type this over Wi-Fi, so I know it's not the modem. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong? Anything I need to clear out (cache & cookies have been cleared)? Plz help. I feel lost without my iMac! :(

2. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

Try running network diagnostics and report what it says...

6 green lights means everything is working...so somehere between your iMac and timbuktu this should show you what is wrong.

can't help unless we know where the stoppage is.

are your network settings set up to use airport for internet?

--Eric

3. wizwaz3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

When I ran network diagnostics, it didn't give me any codes. It went through the basic trouble shooting and said it couldn't fix it. The first 3 lights are green.

Yes, the wireless network is fine. I'm using a Macbook through the same wireless modem and I'm not having any trouble. The iMac recognizes ours as well as other wireless networks, so I know it's not the Airport card... Im not sure what else to report, if you have more questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them...

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Your Modem/Router may have Locked up, restart your modem/router, give it a few minutes then try connecting your Mac.............