Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymime

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2009
I just bought a used Wacom Cintiq, and a Mini Display to VGA adapter to go with it. But when I turn the tablet on, I get a message saying that it's not receiving a signal.
The stylus works fine for some reason, but as an artist, the screen is essential (I don't like the disconnect of regular tablets).

But the thing is, my Mac won't detect the tablet as an additional display at all! When I click "Detect Displays" under prefs, nothing happens.
So the tablet can talk to the Mac, but not vice versa.

v. 10.6.8
Wacom Cintiq 15x

tymime

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2009
Didn't work. Don't have another computer to check it with either...

cbuckshon

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2018
I just bought a used Wacom Cintiq, and a Mini Display to VGA adapter to go with it. But when I turn the tablet on, I get a message saying that it's not receiving a signal.
The stylus works fine for some reason, but as an artist, the screen is essential (I don't like the disconnect of regular tablets).

But the thing is, my Mac won't detect the tablet as an additional display at all! When I click "Detect Displays" under prefs, nothing happens.
So the tablet can talk to the Mac, but not vice versa.

v. 10.6.8
Wacom Cintiq 15x
[doublepost=1538690170][/doublepost]I'm having the exact same problem. My pen and the buttons show up on my MacBook Pro (2017) display, but my computer won't detect the monitor. I have used other monitors with this computer and it detects them fine.
Have you figured it out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.