iMac won't load Adobe program disk

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Unido, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Unido macrumors newbie

Hi there

I am very new to mac and just looking for a bit of help. I have had my iMac for about 5 months and have just bought Adobe Lightroom 3 to help me out with my photography.

The disk says Windows / Mac OS but when I put the disk in my iMac, it won't recognise it anywhere, I can't see it on the desktop, in the finder or anywhere at all.

I downloaded the trial version of lightroom 3 and just put my serial number is so I am all up and running but I am just worrying and wondering as to why it won't recognise the disk??

Any help is really appreciated

Tom

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Unido thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, didn't know to use that

It has recognised the disk but says invalid B-tree node size and that the disk needs to be repaired?? it won't allow me to click repair disk thought, any ideas?

4. simsaladimbamba

As a commercial CD or DVD holding software is not writable, it can't be repaired that way.
    Do you have access to a Windows computer (not a Virtual Machine), where you could test the disk?

If not, you could contact Adobe and tell them, that your CD is not working and that you want a replacement, if you want one.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If its Lightroom, just download the demo from Adobe and then plug in the license code from your CD. The demo and what you received is the same version.

If the CD is damaged this is the easiest way to get around this problem.

6. simsaladimbamba

The OP already did that. I guess 7.30 AM is quite early and you haven't had your coffee, mate tea or espresso yet?

7. Unido thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I have done that, I am just a bit annoyed that the disk isn't working. I shall try it on a windows PC tomorrow and see if it works.

8. Bear macrumors G3

Do other discs work in your computer? If so, the disc is defective and Adobe should replace it for free. Or you could contact the store you got it from and ask about exchanging the software because of the defective disc.

9. Unido thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been playing music off of disks fine. I will check it on a windows pc and then give Adobe a call

Does anyone know a customer service email for Adobe as on the UK website I only seem to be able to find the phone number

Thanks,
    Tom

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Best to visit the forum, I think.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom