iMac Wont Sleep!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by polo3400, Mar 31, 2011.

1. polo3400 macrumors member

So basically i click sleep, and emidietly it just wakes up again, ive also tryed pressing alt.cmd and eject but the same thing often happends :( :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::(

Anybody know what i should do or how to stop this from happening?

2. polo3400 thread starter macrumors member

None of these things are causing it, but i do have an imobee magic mouse charger and a speaker system, could this be proving it?

3. Sapphire08 macrumors member

Sapphire08

My new 27" iMac has stopped sleeping - can anyone please please help me??

Its been working perfectly for over 3 weeks and now 2 days ago it won't sleep when I ask it to. It turns the display but something is keeping it running and I can't figure out what.

I disconnected every wire from this morning except the wired keyboard ( I prefer the larger keyboard with the number pad to the bluetooth one)

I unmounted every external device
    I turned off wifi and bluetooth
    I quit all applications
    I unchecked all possible sharing options
    There shouldn't have been anything stopping it sleeping and yet it will not sleep - please please help I don't know what else to do?

I'm running OS X 10.7.3.

My old iMac had this problem and it was file sharing - this is def. not ticked and I have checked everything I can think of. I used my old iMac and set it up as a server in the other room - could that be affecting it in anyway - I disconnected from it but it makes no difference? I'm at a loss?

4. Sapphire08 macrumors member

Sapphire08

I also repaired disk permissions
    I also shut down my server just incase and nothing.

....... but

Wahoo I found a post on the Apple support forum that led me to the fix - so incase any one else has the problem....check your printers!!!

I found a disconnected printer had a print job pending (sent to it my mistake I now realise) and it was showing amber in the list - I removed it and hey presto instant sleep and total silence Yippeeeee