Imac worries, buying a new one...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Lazze, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Lazze macrumors newbie

My old iMac G5 finally gave up after it's 2nd logicboard failure, so instead of an expensive logicboard replacement, I decided to upgrade to a new 24" Intel iMac (I was more or less ready to do so anyway). So - a new one has been ordered and should be here soon.
    However; Two logicboard failures on my G5 made me worry about the stability of the Intel's so I did some Googling and checked various forums to see what issues they might have, only to find out that they also seems to have logicboard problems.
    So - Is this something I should worry about or is it just rare failures that just gets a lot of attention on the boards?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Not really, the vast majority of Intel users have no problems. Only the minor percentage with defects bother to post on forums about it. It gives an impression that the product is flawed, when it's not.

3. Lazze thread starter macrumors newbie

That was also my assumption, but given my previous, bad, experience, I do / did get a little worried when I saw all those complaints. I bought APP this time, just in case :rolleyes:
    Anyway - it's an opportunity to test Timemachine when I have to restore my system on the new iMac.

4. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I bought the first generation of intel imac's that came out. I hate to jinx it but it's been almost 3 years and I've yet to have a problem with mine. Knock on wood, cause I don't need any problems now. ;)