iMac would not let me install Mac osx

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Immanueldk, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Immanueldk macrumors member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZaEs8lO-mM

I get the exact same problem as in the YouTube video I tried several times to delete, format, partitiopate the hard drive but Mac osx installation make me restart all the time.

I tried with Mac osx 10.6 and 10.8 from USB device and getting same error over and over again!

Any solution please!

Haven't tried with original snow leopard cd yet, but I'm afraid the error will come again.

It's a iMac 21" from 2009 with preinstalled snow leopard the problem came when u tried to delete partition and install fresh copy of mountain lion.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Have you tried with the original install disks yet?

3. benwiggy macrumors 68020

Life is too short for that video. What exactly happens; what doesn't happen?

Normally, if you have Snow Leopard installed, and you want to install 10.8, just buy the app and run the installer.
    If some USB installer that you have made doesn't work, then you may not have made it correctly.

You shouldn't need to repartition the disk just to install the OS. Erase, maybe, if you want to do a clean install. But the installer is designed by default to replace an existing OS and leave your files in place.