iMac + Xbox 360 ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Gerard., Dec 7, 2007.

1. Gerard. macrumors member

Hey, i recently bought a new iMac and shipped my TV out of my room due to a lack of space and my 360 has been sitting in my cupboard collecting dust and i was wondering is there a way to hook it up to the imac without buying a very expensive box such as eyetv. Has anyone done this?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Depends on what you think is expensive. Not sure if those TV/external signal input boxes go under $100.

3. Gerard. thread starter macrumors member

i was hoping maybe some leeds or something :p
    i dont want to be spening too much, id like to keep it cheap.

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

You can connect Xbox 360 to an iMac using one of those TV tuner things but beware - there are only a few with the ultra low latency function to display stuff on screen quickly enough for gaming.

I don't think there are any on the market which support HD resolutions either, meaning that you'll be sacrificing visual quality to do this over playing on a normal HDTV.

5. tidytrev macrumors regular

couldnt you buy a small monitor, say 15 plus inch?

6. Gerard. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, ive been thinking about eyetv 250+ but im not in the position at the moment to buy it as ive spent alot this month. Seeing its actually made for macs and its got some good reviews i may purchase it.

7. AfroZ macrumors newbie

Your going to spend $200 on an eyeTV to play 360 games on the iMac when you could buy a wide screen LCD monitor and the VGA cables for the 360 for less than that and play in HD? I'm confused.....

8. Gerard. thread starter macrumors member

I dont have room for another monitor, being able to watch TV, surf the web ect. and play my 360 all on the one machine would be ideal. i was just hoping someone on here would know a cheaper solution.