Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marvin*1*2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Yrp!
oi

i have an imac20", some six months old, that, logged in as the normal user, has really bad color contrasting, i.e. the greys are almost white.
i've tried fiddling with all the monitor/color settings and played tons with the calibration tool to no avail.

figured the screen was shot but then before escalating to support i logged in with the admin-account and alas, it's all perfect there.

so it seenms a user-specific issue, comparing the settings didn't bring up anything, both users are running with the default calibration. :confused:

any ideas anybody what to do?
ah, the standard user that has the issue has been imported via setup utility (called migration tool i think)...maybe that could be the root of it?
thank you.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Not sure it will help, but you can try resetting the PRAM

Info on resetting the PRAM

What is stored in PRAM

What Mac did you migrate from?

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

marvin*1*2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Yrp!
hey dawg
i migrated from a 17" imac.
ya i'll try that pram reset next week when i get to it but i doubt it will help, i'd guess pram issues would likely be felt system-wide and not just one user, no?

marvin*1*2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Yrp!
fyi, here's the solution:

Go to System Preferences > Universal Access > Seeing and for Display: check to make sure that the Enhance contrast: is set to Normal.
(thanks to dennis in the :apple: support forum)

need to find out how to lock these settings so users can't fiddle with these anymore :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.