Imacs and gaming

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ROGERWILCO357, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

Does the Imac play games without issues ? How well does it handle the graphics intense games?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Depends on the iMac.
    The top-end 27" runs games like a dream.

3. Hibernia macrumors member

My 2011 entry lvl 21" handles games ok , albeit older MMO's like City of Heroes and WoW.
    Downloaded a trial for Rift , a newer MMO which i'm running on bootcamp again with no problems on medium to high settings.

Suppose it depends on the games your after. One thing i do notice it when game playing it heats up real quick to such a heat i can't really touch the top of the machine :) , i've been told this is ok and usual but i do get worried now and then.

4. dr Dunkel macrumors regular

...it also heavily depends on your demands. What some people would regard as "runs like a dream", others would say "yeah, a nightmare".

The top end 27" would, obviously, run contemporary games the best but if it is good enough is up to you - it is by no means slow but it is far from optimal for gaming.

5. bungiefan89 macrumors 6502a

This is true. As a proud owner of the highest end 2011 iMac 27", I can testify that once you install Windows 7, this thing plays all my games at max or near-max graphics settings at very respectable frame rates.