iMac's bluetooth and the Motorola Z6c

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by spencerwatts, Mar 17, 2008.

1. spencerwatts macrumors newbie

Why do they hate each other?

I am able to browse the phone through the mac. I am also able to send/receive pictures and video through the mac. Despite this, I am unable to send .mid, .midi, and mp3 files to the phone. Spending 3.00 on a ring tone from verizon is ridiculous. Is there something I am doing wrong?

When trying to send music file to the phone, I receive the following error: "The last operation failed: bad request."

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Because you have Verizon. Verizon disables certain functions from their handsets, to prevent exactly what you are trying to do. The only way I know to get around the Verizon lockouts is to reflash the Vz phone with Alltel firmware, as Alltel doesn't lock down their phones, and I know many Vz RAZR owners who have done it.

TEG

3. mmacoto macrumors newbie

spencerwatts and TEG, I bumped into your post(s) when I was looking for information on the same issue.

But now I am not complaining. Here is how and why it works on my z6c (I think).

I bought a 4 gb microsd card for my phone. instantly the bluetooth connection had no issues sending files to my card on the phone from the Mac. also, when you browse the folders on your phone, a folder named 'myringers' shows up. I just have to rename my .mp3 file to .qcp, upload it into 'myringers' and i have my very own ringtones:D. I am having fun with my mp3 collection. however i trim down my music file to less than a minute so as not to hog the memory on the phone.(how i did that is by using audacity/lame). good luck with yours.