Imac's coming in October?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Rayxxy, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Rayxxy macrumors newbie

New imacs coming in october? I've seen lots of rumors about it, but not so sure. What do you guys think? Leave a reply below. :apple:

2. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

I think Digitimes throws as many darts at the dartboard as they can so they can point to the one that hit the bullseye later.

I'll be shocked - SHOCKED - if they're not out by the end of the month. I have yet to see a compelling reason why they'd want the iMac to share headlines with the next iPhone and the apparent iPad Mini that would come out in October.

3. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

i think there are many many threads which talk about this, do we need another one ? please read other threads and news before posting.

4. dast1g macrumors regular

dast1g

I'd say this month although with rumours of the iPhone releasing next month. October could happen, but if they are released this month I'm sure the iPhone will be October . Just speculation :D ha

5. washburn macrumors 6502

got a feeling that updates are going to be always longer than usual now that Steve Jobs is gone

6. lozpop macrumors 6502

I'm still very confident that the new iMac will be launched with Mountain Lion. No reason to do differently.

7. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

I agree. I think mountain lion would be a more impressive launch with 2012 iMac and Mac mini alongside

8. Seamaster macrumors 6502a

Seamaster

No.

I've already left one in one of the dozens of other threads running on this.

HTH. HAND.

9. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You attribute way too much to Steve Jobs. Things were running late with Intel on this one. They implemented their tri-gate process + a die shrink, and they ran into a few problems. Apple always spaces things out beyond that. If it's not out by Mountain Lion, rage then. They don't really gain anything from selling the current line for a longer period of time. It's more likely that they didn't want to test the upcoming lines under Lion.

10. dast1g macrumors regular

dast1g

If it doesn't come out with lion , I'm buying a 2011 model. My patience to purchase my first ever mac is beginning to wear thin and I will be purchasing a 27" . Need it for college for September but have the money and I'm not a great saver so wanna buy it soon before my savings are gone :D ha

11. Buffsteria macrumors regular

Buffsteria

Why reward Apple for screwing with you through marketing games?

12. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

I really hope they come out before the back to school promo ends!

I'm in the process of switching back to Mac and I'm selling all my pc components on eBay. Wait is killing me but also works out well since its a bit of a process with all the auctions. My ssd and motherboard didn't sell tho..... Time to relist lol!

13. Roller macrumors 68020

What difference does it make what anyone here thinks? We all have access to the same rumors, blogs, and posts. And even if there is someone here who has actual inside information, there's no way to tell them apart from the vast majority, who don't.

I don't blame you for being impatient - I'm waiting for a new iMac myself - but the only way you're going to know when new iMacs will ship is when Apple announces it or there's other credible news.