iMac's won't log out - Managed account

Discussion in 'macOS' started by phalewhale, Jan 7, 2010.

1. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Hi there, I've recently imaged about 8 iMacs using a FireWire drive. The hardware is identical on each.

The problem I am getting is that when a student logs into the machine (with a managed account), they come to log out and the apple menu disappears but the dock remains and log out does not happen. I either have to switch off using the button/pulling the plug, or by putting the computer into standby, then switching user to log in as someone else (either standard account or admin) and I am then able to log out/restart/shutdown. The problem never happens when logged in as a standard user or admin...

This logout problem happens on each of the machines but not always. Sometimes it will log out of the student account just fine, but other times it won't. It's proving to be very annoying. I did search for this problem and uncovered this page but that has so far proven unsuccessful as the problem still occurs.

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions please?

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

What kind of settings do you have the Managed Accounts set to? Sometimes the least obvious selection could be the issue.

If you can also provide a screenshot to the setting of the managed accounts would greatly help also.

Have you also tried the keyboard commands to logging out? :)apple:+Shift+Q).

3. phalewhale thread starter macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Thanks for getting back to me... Had already tried logging out using the the keyboard shortcut and that didn't worked either.

Here is a screenshot of the setup in the 'System' tab. The other tabs ('Content', 'Mail & Chat', etc etc) have not been touched.

Once again, any advice would be appreciated!

Attached Files: