Image Capture app - disappeared?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by snakey, Mar 26, 2009.

1. snakey macrumors newbie

Hello,

I used to use Image Capture application to scan photos with my cannon scanner. Today I wanted to scan some pics, but the Image Capture application is just suddenly gone! Tried searching, everything, the app just completely disappeared from my mac, I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back? It`s not on the apple downloads page, google has no answer as well...

Thanks
    Michael

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Do you still have the disc(s) that came with the scanner that had the software on it/them?

David

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Do you have a time machine backup? That would be the easiest way.

4. snakey thread starter macrumors newbie

well I have downloaded the official cannon drivers from their website..but the utility that comes with it says the driver does not work properly or something, thats why I used Image Capture instead. I guess I still have the disc somewhere but that should be the same as downloading it, right?

Unfortunately I do not have Time Machine. I use Carbonite online backup, but as I found our right now, that bastard does not backup applications.

Would it be possible to get back if somebody emailed me the app?

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Somebody could email you the application. Downloading the Canon drivers from the internet would be the same as using the discs to download it. Image Capture. If you plug in the camera, doesn't it show up in iPhoto?

David

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Canon still relies on Image Capture to do the actual scanning, instead of including their own bloated software that takes over the whole computer.

Cough, cough, HP, cough, cough.

7. snakey thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I got it. After another extensive googling, I found out it can be reinstalled from the OSX DVD using a program called Pacifist. Thank you for your help!

8. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

It's Lupus!:p

Glad to hear you got everything working!

David

9. patraulea macrumors newbie

Well, that was a hell of a tip ... THANKS!

Cheers.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

11. patraulea macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help; but, for 20 bucks, I have a registered version of Pacifist. The real problem was that I completely forgot about the brilliant job that Pacifist can do ...