Image Capture doesn't work. :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by StephenCampbell, Jun 19, 2010.

1. StephenCampbell macrumors 65816

I really need to scan some images into my computer and I can't afford the $39 for VueScan. Image Capture used to work, but now what happens is that I open it up, and my printer/scanner Might show up for a second, but then it disappears and image capture tells me that there's no camera or scanner connected.

I think it's stopped working ever since I upgraded to 10.6. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. StephenCampbell thread starter macrumors 65816

It's the Epson Stylus CX6400 all-in-one. I think I have the latest drivers.. where can I check?

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd go to Epson's website first to see if the driver is SL-compatible I guess.

5. Quwatha macrumors newbie

Image Capture doesn't recognize my camera or scanner

I have OS X 10.6.8 and Image Capture doesn't recognize my Canon camera or my Epson all-in-one scanner. It worked before 10.6.8.

6. Dana Beck macrumors member

Dana Beck

My Epson 4990 scanner "disappears" after every os upgrade, point or full. Here's what works for me:
    1. I go into System Preferences | Fax-Printers--select scanner and hit the minus to delete the scanner driver.
    2. Turn scanner power off and unplug power to UPS
    3. I restart my machine
    4. Back at desktop, I plug in scanner, turn on scanner power, go into System Preferences and add driver (with "+" dropdown)
    5. Open Preview and choose File | Import from scanner

My scanner now works, both from Preview, as well as Image Capture...until the next os updage/upgrade. Maybe this will work for you, too.