Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidmt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2006
I've duplicated this on two machines, so either I'm a dummy or there is a bug:

On Image Capture, you can choose where to "import to" at the bottom of the screen. There are options for some of the standard folders, but also choices for Photos, iPhoto, Mail and Preview. When choosing Photos, it imports the files to "Pictures" in the user folder - and NOT into the Photos.app.

Has anyone had any success with this?

I am helping a friend attempt to import 28000 photos from her iPhone into an old 2009 Macbook. Using Photos.app to import chugs for hours and appears to do very little. I am looking for a better way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
Hi,

connect the iPhone.

In Image Capture, in the bottom left corner, "Connecting this iPhone opens" : select "Photos".

Now eject the iPhone, quit Image Capture, connect the iPhone again : Photos will open and you will be able to import the files to Photos.

davidmt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2006
Thank you, I just saw this.
That does indeed work.

I was hoping it would import "behind the scenes" into Photos, but looks like it simply open the application. The problem my friend is having is the import begins, the progress bar shows up but never moves. It essentially freezes at that point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.