Image Capture Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iDavid., Oct 10, 2007.

1. iDavid. macrumors newbie

I am having problems with Image Capture not recognizing all the files on my camera (and recognizing photos that have long since been deleted).

So I just took a few pictures to test out and see if I could get it to work right. I plugged in my camera and opened up image capture. I clicked download all. It downloaded two pictures that are not even on my camera (I double checked to make sure) and they were deleted weeks ago. And it's not recognizing the pictures I just took. There are about 23 pictures and it's not recognizing any of them just the two pictures that were deleted a while back. What's going on here? I'm new to Mac by the way. :)

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

What sort of camera? What happens if you remove the card from the camera and plug it in to your Mac via a card reader?

3. iDavid. thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a Kodak Easyshare CD33. I don't have a card reader. :(

4. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Hmmmm, maybe you can borrow a card reader to try it. I did find a comment on Amazon

(Quote) Also when I plug the camera into my ibook or PC, I cannot browse the cameras drive like what can be done with other digital cameras (Unquote). Maybe there's something quirky about the camera, so trying a card reader would be the first thing I would try.

5. skwij macrumors 6502

For both of my cameras, I have it set that iPhoto opens up automatically, then downloads the pictures into iPhoto.

Is that an option when you plug in your camera?

BTW both my cams are Kodak Easyshares. A DX6490 and a more portable C613. Both are recognised on both Macs.

6. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)

Some cameras, like some of Sony's that use PTP, don't mount on the Desktop.

My Fuji Finepix S700 doesn't, but it works in iPhoto.

I think it just depends on the transfer protocol.

7. blodwyn macrumors 65816

No, I personally have those settings disabled. I also always use a card reader (I have my camera set to PTP rather than act as a USB drive). The very first thing I do is copy all the images to a backup folder. When that grows to 4GB I burn it to a DVD, and also archive it to a hard disk. That way I always have a copy of all the images I've taken. I've deleted too many that I didn't think I needed, only to wish I hadn't. Only then do I fire up iPhoto (or Aperture) and selectively import the images I'm interested in. Then I put the card back in the camera and next time I'm out I reformat the card before I start shooting. Card readers are less than $20 so I think it's worth you trying one if you can manage it

8. sbluetruck macrumors regular

sbluetruck

some cameras that use XD cards allow you to switch the card around so it isn't accesed and you can use the camera's memory.

try flipping your card.

9. skwij macrumors 6502

I do a variation. iPhoto opens when I either plug the cams in, or use a card reader.

Once they've imported, I then batch export to a backup folder, Once there's enough to fill a CD, I burn them. I still have the backup, same as you, but all my photos are in iPhoto for easy reference.

10. libragirl80 macrumors newbie

My image app won't even recognize a camera

I have been having problems with this mac since I bought it. I am more of a windows user but decided to try out this advancing technology. Well, The cam isn't working at all. Tried running a clamaxav scan, nothing. but the odd thing is it'll work while I'm scanning with clamaxav! Anyway tried plugging in a different camera and it is saying no camera detected. In every single camera port. So how do I troubleshoot my hardware like you would with Windows?:(