image capture problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by olalakers, Sep 21, 2012.

1. olalakers macrumors newbie

I am having trouble scanning in image capture. When I go to the setting detect separate items, it does not do that. It just scans my items as one big scan. I am brand new to macs and am just curious as to whether or not I have a setting wrong or something. Thanks for the help.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I find that detecting separate items is a little spotty. It sounds like you have it setup correctly. Does it detect multiple items ever/at all?

Mine will detect them but sometimes be off a little. You can grab the little dot at the corners of the dotted image surround and drag it around to suit you for each image.

I also find it works better is you leave some space on the scanner bed between items.

3. olalakers thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it never recognizes multiple images. I am doing everything I am supposed to do in regards to leaving space between the images. I guess I am stuck just dragging the corners of the image to resize the images. Would it help to get a new scanner?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. It does make me wonder if it is your scanner. I have used three or four inexpensive Canon all in one devices and never had this problem.

Is the scanner really old? Are there updated drivers available maybe?

5. olalakers thread starter macrumors newbie

open image capture question

I am having trouble with the scanning option of detect separate items for scanning in Apple's open image capture. Does this work for everybody meaning when you scan multiple items in one scan that it separates the items? If this works for you, what type of scanner do you have? I am able to scan but it does not seem to want to separate the different items I have on my scanner. Any help would be great.

6. chown33 macrumors 604

Please identify your scanner.

Also post your OS version.

7. olalakers thread starter macrumors newbie

I use Mountain Lion and a canon LiDE 110 scanner. Hope that helps.