Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcjz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
I'm using Image Capture to scan multiple pages to PDF with an HP mfp1212 thru document feeder. The resulting files are way too big, and I can't see a function in Image Capture to set the resolution. Any suggestions?

Mike
Macbook Pro 15" 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 OSX 10.9.3

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm using Image Capture to scan multiple pages to PDF with an HP mfp1212 thru document feeder. The resulting files are way too big, and I can't see a function in Image Capture to set the resolution. Any suggestions?

Mike
Macbook Pro 15" 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 OSX 10.9.3

I'm not sure if this will help...open Details and in upper right you can adjust DPI.

Sorry if I misunderstood.:)

mcjz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
Yeah, thanks.. when "document feeder" is selected the dpi defaults to 300 and can't be changed. With "flatbed" you can change it to 150 (or higher). I don't get why this is. Appreciate the advice anyhow.

Mike

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Yeah, thanks.. when "document feeder" is selected the dpi defaults to 300 and can't be changed. With "flatbed" you can change it to 150 (or higher). I don't get why this is. Appreciate the advice anyhow.

Mike

I wonder if it is a limitation of your scanner. I can select different DPI settings on mine (Canon MX430).

4Z1DOTC.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.