Image Converter

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Intelligent, May 30, 2014.

1. Intelligent, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014

Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

Does anyone know a good image converting app, i know its already built in but in only supports png, tiff, jpg, bmp and through the terminal, icns.
    Theres a very good website called online-converter.com but i like to have an application that i can download and use offline. Its not really thats i dont have internet: i have an internet connection pretty much all the time but having an app is quicker and better.

I need to convert to a lot of different formats by the way, including things like RAW, EPS, SVG, DDS and PS.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Graphic Converter has always been the go to app for this. I believe it even came included with one of my first Macs years ago.

3. Intelligent thread starter macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

I have had the same OS X installation going for years, and in my applications folder i have GraphicConverter :D It is for PowerPC only though. I already knew about it because i used in in like 2006, but on there website it says that its a image editing app.
    EDIT: wow its the 2003 version :D.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

From here it looks like it imports 200 formats and experts 80. Also mentioned batch conversion on the site. The have a trial version so you can try it and see if it fits the bill for you.

My version was also PPC that came with my 12" Powerbook from around that same time. :)

5. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

Graphic Converter.

We've been using it since forever. It has saved us many times. Sometimes you get an image in what you think is a known format but won't open. GC will open it.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe