Image Download + Naming Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lovinthemac, Jan 8, 2010.

1. lovinthemac macrumors newbie

I found an application called "Speed Download" that makes is really easily to download stuff. For example, if provided a list of 200 image urls I can drop those into "Speed Download" and download all of them to a certain folder. (this comes in handy for my job)

I'm looking for an application that can take this a step further: I'd like to be able to specify the list of 200 image urls in one column, and the new file names in a second column. (so i can assign a new image name to each of the images)

Anyone know of some sort of imaging/downloading application that would be good at this?? :confused:

2. ethical macrumors 68000

Not sure if there's a program to do that but you could probably do it with an apple script and folder actions.

3. lovinthemac thread starter macrumors newbie

any suggestions on where to find someone to create the apple script for me? i don't have experience with apple scripts... :confused:

4. lovinthemac thread starter macrumors newbie

AppleScript For Image Download

Any ideas for this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Do the names of the images have to correspond to the URL you download them from?

6. lovinthemac thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your reply...

no.

website.com/image.jpg could be downloaded as just image.com.

or, ideally, i could have the script re-name the image to something newly specified, such as newimage.com