Image handling

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by petron, Sep 14, 2010.

1. petron macrumors member

Hi,
    I play a bit with the Iphone programming and I wonder if any of you could help me with some problems.

The first one is that I want to connect an url link into an image. When clicking on a image I would then access that url link, like for a web service.

The second problem is that I have three images and I would like to put them on the screen in a similar way as the origin Apple music APP puts the cover on the screen.

I will appreciate a tip how to start digging around these problems.

best regards
    /petron

2. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

For your first problem use a button. Set the image as the button's image. Connect the button to an action method and launch your URL there.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Please elaborate. What do you mean by "in a similar way"? Including a screenshot of the "origin Apple music APP" might help us to understand what you're looking for.

4. petron thread starter macrumors member

Hi,
    Thanks for the tip regarding the use of button and then link it in. I will try it today.

What I meant by "in a similar way" is that I would like to have images that lay behind each other and by moving on the image/screen I would be able to move to the next image on the stack.

Thanks for your time.

/petron

5. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

Are you talking about coverflow? This is also called quickview, I think, on the Mac. I don't know how to do that. It's obviously based on openGL. It isn't revealed by any iOS APIs. I believe that someone has released source code to do this, or something like this. You'll have to search for it.

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

If you do mean a CoverFlow-like view, there is OpenFlow and FlowCover, among others.

7. petron thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the help. I will search around and I will look at the Open Flow.
    /petron