Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarkingGhost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta+35 miles
I have an iPhone SE that is about a year and a half old. About once a quarter I connect it via USB to a Windows 7 desktop computer and have the Windows Image Import wizard download, and then erase, the images from the SE. This morning there were about 270 images for the wizard to download, but after the 75th image I started getting file errors.

The first instance of the error I chose to skip it and move on, but then it happened immediately again. I then chose skip all files with errors and noticed the usual rapid downloading was replaced with a crawl that is taking 8-12 seconds per image to process. I've got another 150 images I am waiting on before I know which files remain.

Anyone else experience this behavior before? I am running 10.3.1 and I do not use any cloud services. Since I never experienced this before on my older iPhone 5 I have to wonder if this is Apple's way (conspiracy theory Friday) of telling me and my images to go F myself.
[doublepost=1542374768][/doublepost]
I have an iPhone SE that is about a year and a half old. About once a quarter I connect it via USB to a Windows 7 desktop computer and have the Windows Image Import wizard download, and then erase, the images from the SE. This morning there were about 270 images for the wizard to download, but after the 75th image I started getting file errors.

The first instance of the error I chose to skip it and move on, but then it happened immediately again. I then chose skip all files with errors and noticed the usual rapid downloading was replaced with a crawl that is taking 8-12 seconds per image to process. I've got another 150 images I am waiting on before I know which files remain.

Anyone else experience this behavior before? I am running 10.3.1 and I do not use any cloud services. Since I never experienced this before on my older iPhone 5 I have to wonder if this is Apple's way (conspiracy theory Friday) of telling me and my images to go F myself.
Of the 270 images only 73 could be downloaded. When i look at the images downloaded, the are chronologically leading up to July rd with nothing afterwards downloaded.

Something has changed such that on or after July 3rd the images cannot be downloaded, or at least not through the Windows 7 Image Import wizard. I will have to wait until the far side of the weekend when I get back home before I can try other methods. What is scary is my wife probably has a couple of thousand images on her SE and I wonder if they are SOL as well.

BarkingGhost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta+35 miles
I never managed to get this resolved. I did try using EaseUS MobiMover Free version but the images didn't transfer. I also tried Adobe Bridge and while it detected the image files (all of them) it couldn't transfer any of them and gave an unknown reason. At this point I am about to consider the content lost and remind myself why the i{hone should never be used for taking pictures, even candid.

Hustler

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2010
That really stinks, I don’t have an import solution for you but instead of considering those picture lost, email them to yourself in full resolution when on WiFi.
You can usually pack a few of them into each email so if you have some you can’t live without, I would do that instead of losing them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.