[IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE]Can't retrieve old photos from Phoneview

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jkwasy, Apr 30, 2013.

1. jkwasy, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013

jkwasy macrumors newbie

I have some old photos dating back as far as 2011 on my saved text message archive in Phoneview. I want some way to retrieve these photos but all of them say [IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE] with the jpeg title above it. I have most of the photos available, but only up until the date of 20/10/2011 and that's when the error appears. There are a couple of photos that made it past after that date but only a few.

Please help, I really want to have my photos back

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If they're not in the app, I'm not sure there's anything you can do about it at this point. That is if you used Phoneview to archive your messages which contained images and that application failed to archive them, then they're probably gone :(

3. jkwasy thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually as I think about it, I believe that the images were unable to read on the phone before using Phoneview and that's the main reason I used it in the first place. The photos were never deleted, but it took too long to scroll up all the messages and the phone would crash from having too many messages loaded at once. Any idea what would have happened to them, that they'd just disappear over time?