Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!


macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I've seen sites that have images and since they are small you can click on them. When you do a pop-up (sort of jquery / ajax) comes up and you can see the image in it's proper size with a little X in the upper right of the corner. Or you can click anywhere off of the image to have it disappear. Any sites you can think of to show this? For some reason I can't find any when I am now looking.



macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2006
Beacon, NY
I think you're looking for something like lightbox. There are lots of different variations, lightbox written in other javascript libraries like jquery, thickbox, shadowbox, colorbox, fancybox.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.