Image preview and selection in iPhoto import

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Foggy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Foggy macrumors 6502a

When I plug in my memory card from my camera, iPhoto loads and gives me the option to import pics from the camera, the only thing is that I cant work out how to get it to preview them and allow me to only select some of them to import. Is there a way to do this?

At the moment I end up opening the card up in finder, viewing the thumbnails to preview the images, dragging them across to an import directory and then manually importing them.

For my camera it isnt so bad as I tend to want everything off there, but sometimes I want to get pictures off someone elses camera and dont want to import the lot.

2. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Image Capture, I think, let's you do something like that. I go through my camera through Finder and select the pics I want. In the end, you need to preview the pics and whether you use Finder icon view or some other specialized app does not make much of a difference.

3. askywalker macrumors regular

Is it possible you are using an old version of iPhoto? When I plug in my card, I am given thumbnails of all the photos and can easily select the few that I want. I am then given a choice of removing them from the card or not.

I am using iPhoto 08 - I have never used a previous version of iPhoto.