image printing software for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by j2048b, Apr 29, 2011.

1. j2048b macrumors 6502a

Hello,
    My wife has turned into a coupon fanatic! she is always getting coupons online and wants to be able to select print on a coupon, but be able to choose a printer (image printer, that allows one to save an image of a coupon,) and thus be able to print like a gazzillion of the same coupons.

anyone know of any FREE Image printing software or apps out there?

we have paperport on windows and i also have presto! page manager from my old hp printing disc but for some reason presto page manager just hangs now and freezes, not sure why but it does.

presto page manager is the equivalent of paper port for windows i just cant accesses it now.

thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can take screenshots and have the file saved directly onto the dsektop. Command + Shift + 3, then draw a box around what you want to capture.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can easily crop, edit and print images with Preview.

4. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

actually i cannot do either because the coupons just go directly to printer when pressed and it never shows up to even look at it! my first thought was to take a screen capture shot as u explained or even cropping and cutting it to save as an image.

i need to be able to have a screen pop up in order for my to choose the printer and have to install some sort of image printer in order to do that?

thanks for the suggestions, i should have included this post in my original thread posting!

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When you see a coupon image, simply right-click and save it, or drag it to your Desktop or a folder, rather than using the site's built-in printing function. You can also usually right-click and select "Open Image in New Tab".

6. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

like i said before there is no coupon image it is just a print button under each item, so no image ever pops up!

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Can you post a link to a site, to use as an example?

8. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

http://www.couponmom.com

when you sign up (i had to i know dumb!)

you choose rite aide, walmart, target and a few others, she is a target` shopper, and it shows the items and then all it gives u is a print button below and it automatically prints! no image of the coupon at all shows up.

thanks for everyone's help!

9. ShinyDren macrumors member

ShinyDren

I assume that it still pops up a normal print dialog where you can choose which printer to use. In that case you can possibly use the built-in PDF save function of OS X. Just click the PDF button/dropdown and choose "Save as PDF..."

Attached Files:

10. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a

for some reason it gives me no print options and just goes to the printer, and im not sure why?

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

12. j2048b thread starter macrumors 6502a