Image processing with Macbook 2010?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MikePBlair1, Sep 19, 2010.

1. MikePBlair1 macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I am new here and to Apple. Having struggled with PCs for image processing I wish to get a more reliable machine. I've heard about the prowess of Apples for this purpose, and I am keen to on the Macbook 2010. I have concerns about the RAM, however. Is the 2GB sufficient for running photoshop elements without slowing everything else down and needing to be restarted every hour?

The Macbook pro isn't really an option for lack of funds, so am I liable to be satisfied with this or is a more highly spec-ed PC laptop going to be the better option?

Thanks for looking!

Mike

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You "struggled" with PCs for image processing? What does that mean? It's tough to say how the hardware is going to make a difference if your problems are with software.

3. MikePBlair1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess what I am asking is for programmes such as photoshop elements, will a mac with 2GB RAM, 2.2 dual core and a 256 graphics card compete favourably with a sony vaio with 3GB RAM, a similar processor and a 1GB graphics card for less money? I have searched t'internet and a direct answer to such a question is elusive.

Thanks,

Mike