Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mal

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for because I'm not entirely sure I'm using the right terminology, so I've come here where real people can tell me what I'm missing.

Basically, I'm looking for sets of images that show a progression of some type that I can use for a background in a series of slides in Keynote. I'm looking for a variety, such as a sunrise/sunset, a flower blooming, etc. I might could make them myself, but I don't consider myself particularly artistic, so I'm not sure how it'll end up if I try. I don't really care whether it's photos or artwork, but I'd rather not pay for it if possible (I'm not getting paid for the usage). It's for a church youth group.

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

jW

steveoc

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Adirondacks NY
It seems to me this could be done by playing a reasonably hi-res video (1024x768 or close) of such and making screen grabs/snapshots at intervals, then placing them on each slide making sure they are arranged to the back.

I know VLC can do this by grabbing stills of the movies by pressing option-command s. There may be some app that can do so at automatic intervals.

Last edited:

Mal

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
It seems to me this could be done by playing a reasonably hi-res video (1024x768 or close) of such and making screen grabs/snapshots at intervals, then placing them on each slide making sure they are arranged to the back.

I know VLC can do this by grabbing stills of the movies by pressing option-command s. There may be some app that can do so at automatic intervals.

Hmm, that might work well. I'll look into finding some videos to try that with.

jW

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK

Nice idea. The images the original poster wants may be in slow moving videos, so doing screen grabs on a Mac may be sufficient, and easy to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.