Image quality difference between nPlayer, AVPlayerHD and iOS player?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by lexvo, Jan 28, 2014.

1. lexvo macrumors 65816

Is there an image quality difference between players like nPlayer, AVPlayerHD and the standard iOS player when playing standard iOS video formats (mp4, m4v, mov)?

I am not talking about features or the possibility to play other video formats, only image quality. I ask this because I don't find this in reviews.

2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

1, You'll find extensive image quality reports in my review as, being a pro in video encoding & formats, I always very thoroughly report on the possible image quality issues of the tested players. As I've did in even my latest review (that of the latest BUZZ Player. review at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1692955 )

2, basically, the three players you've listed have no IQ problems in hardware / QuickTime playback mode - unlike, say, the just-mentioned BUZZ Player or other well-known players like XBMC. They deliver exactly the same image quality.

3. lexvo thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you!
    Yes, I like your reviews about video players and I saw you examples about image quality. Many reviewers only talk about features however. And I was specifically looking for a quality comparison with the standard iOS video player.

Yesterday I also read another thread of your regarding Infuse 2 and that It has native Airplay for MKV and some other formats. That's good news!