Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, I bough the rMBP 15" about two years ago. At the time, some users mentioned that their screen retained some images. I did not have that problem until recently. Is it going to get worse? Is there a fix to this issue? Thanks.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
There is no fix other then to get the display replaced. If its still in warranty, i.e., apple care, give them a call, otherwise you'll have to pay for the repair.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Image retention on the screen (rMBP 2012)

Hello, I bough the rMBP 15" about two years ago. At the time, some users mentioned that their screen retained some images. I did not have that problem until recently. Is it going to get worse? Is there a fix to this issue? Thanks.

My 2012 rMBP did the same thing. No image ghosting until about 12-15 months into its lice cycle. Fortunately, I purchased AppleCare, so the repair was covered.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
The computer belongs to my workplace. They did not buy AppleCare. What could be the worst thing that would happen? Will it get worse or just some ghost image retention sometimes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.