Image retention problems in mid 2014 Retina MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by m.bico, Dec 10, 2014.

1. m.bico macrumors newbie

m.bico

Hi guys..i am planing to get the 15" mid 2014 rMBP..but i'm really SCARED after reading all these bad threads about image retention/burn in and yellow tints "other colours too" on the retina display models.

I just thought they may have fixed it in the newest version "mid 2014" but i found mixed opinions..what would i expect then? it's a large amount of money to spend on a defective display and i'm kinda cornered here as my old 2011 mbp is dying with constant gpu failures and i had no chance replacing the new one i plan to buy if it's turned to be defective as i don't live in USA and in my country it's much more complicated and will have no chance for a decent support not to mention replacement.

Any personal experience or knowledge regarding image retention or tints with the mid 2014 rMBP models will help!

2. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

I just bought one last week, haven't noticed anything yet. I refuse to do any of the tests lol

3. Faal7 macrumors newbie

+111111

lol

4. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

I'm sorta disinclined too but I let my curiosity get the better of me and did the image retention test on it. Nothing. I'm very happy with the screen I got with my mid-2014.

Don't let why you hear here deter you. Just remember you can always return. But I'm sure you'll get a good one.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Had mine a year

I've had mine a year with no issues at all. never run a test if there is image retention it'll be obvious.

6. Neodym macrumors 65816

Neodym

7. nobodyjustwalks macrumors regular

Apple makes millions of computers, though many are not "perfect," the chances that you'll receive one with a defective screen are pretty slim. It's not like the problem is so pervasive they're just pumping out trash at their Chinese factories and laughing all the way to the bank. Though at times, I'm sure it seems like that to many members. :)

Anyway, it's s Mac. And Macs are awesome computers, don't let something like that deter you from owning a great piece of tech. The screen thing is only one of a long list of things that people are wary about when it comes to their precious Macs. You'll never own one if you worry about each and every one.

8. m.bico thread starter macrumors newbie

m.bico

Thank you a lot guys! :) I think i will go for it and hope for the best..you all really helped me.

9. Greg M macrumors 6502

I've got 2 of the original rMBP and the image retention problems didn't show up for well over a year on either of them. Since showing up the problem has gotten worse.