MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A new image posted on Twitter this morning allegedly shows Apple's as-yet unreleased spring color options for iPhone 12 cases, offering a better look at the company's upcoming protective silicone cases.

iphone-12-cases-spring-colors-2021.jpeg
Image via Tommy Boi

Based on the images, Apple plans to release four new color options in its iPhone 12 case range. Official names for the colorways are still unknown, but based on the photo they approximate dark purple, light blue, light green, and orange.

The source of the photo doesn't have a track record for Apple leaks, so it's not possible to know for certain that the cases shown are genuine or just fakes based on previous leaks, but they at least give us a better idea at what the cases could look like.

In 2020, Apple released matching iPhone 11 and Apple Watch bands for its spring collection. The company typically releases new spring accessories around the end of March or early April, and with Siri's revelation this morning of an Apple event on April 20, we could well see them in the next couple of weeks.

iphone-12-case-spring-colors-names.jpeg
Image via Tommy Boi

Update: The source of the image, Tommy Boi, has tweeted the above picture revealing the alleged names of Apple's spring color collection of iPhone 12 cases. They are: Cantaloupe, Amethyst, Pistachio, and Capri Blue. The same Twitter account has posted an image indicating that they will launch in April.

Update: Another photo of the alleged "Amethyst" color has surfaced.

Article Link: Image Shows Upcoming Spring Color Options for iPhone 12 Cases [Updated: April Launch]

Last edited:

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2010
This is why I don't believe the rumour about the iMacs coming in different colours. By the time they're released, Apple will already have a dozen different shades of green in other accessories!

Comment

one more

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I wonder what happens to the zillions of unsold Apple silicon cases worldwide? There are lots of companies using recycled and eco-friendly materials, ranging from plastic fished out of the ocean to plants to cork. It would be great if Apple could come up with an “eco” line of cases too, as they can get a perfect fit as soon as the products are out. ✌️

Comment

Logic368

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
This is why I don't believe the rumour about the iMacs coming in different colours. By the time they're released, Apple will already have a dozen different shades of green in other accessories!
Imagine, we will now have iMacs with different colored removable back plates that allow one to upgrade its internals :D

One can dream. But seriously, if they solder the ram and SSD’s in desktops, that is just seriously bad for the environment.

Comment

Mimiron

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2017
Who needs this, give us a frickin Smart Battery Case for the 12 series, looking at you Pro Max.

Reactions: xpxp2002
Comment

travelsheep

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2013
Was hoping for Executive Gray (alt title „Cook Gray” or „Federighi Gray”)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 19callum93
Comment

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
I wonder what happens to the zillions of unsold Apple silicon cases worldwide? There are lots of companies using recycled and eco-friendly materials, ranging from plastic fished out of the ocean to plants to cork. It would be great if Apple could come up with an “eco” line of cases too, as they can get a perfect fit as soon as the products are out. ✌️

More expensive to recycle now with Mag Safe.

Comment

jjudson

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2017
North Carolina
I had one of those "Oh s**t" moments the other day with my 12 Max Pro which is in an Apple leather case (not the ridiculous "Oh s**t" moment of the recent commercial where she bobbles it into the sand). I dropped it from eye level to the floor in a grocery store and it landed hard face down. I was sure when I picked it up the screen would be cracked. I was amazed to see it wasn't. The leather cases are not that thick. The silicone cases aren't much better. They offer more protection than it might seem apparently, though.

Reactions: orbital~debris
Comment

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Europe
I bet they're all sold eventually. First they're discount in primary retailers like Best Buy and Target, then they get pushed down to discount retailers like TJMaxx, and eventually dollar bins. But I bet they're all sold.

Comment

synergize

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Does anyone know how thick these cases are, say, compared to the thickness of a credit card?
Thanks for any replies.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.