Image Slideshow Preview?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Andrew D., May 12, 2007.

1. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

Yes, I admit it.. I download manga files online and keep up with my beloved Naruto anime manga.. They save the pages as jpeg files and you just read them off your screen if you didn't know. So anyways, I use the Windows Picture And Fax Viewer and click the left and right keys to scroll through the images.. I was wondering if there is a way to do that with the Preview program on Mac? Kinda like a slideshow thing but yeah, if my post is confusing just reply and I'll try to elaborate. Thanks everyone!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

You could click all the JPEG files and they are going to be opened in Preview.
    There will be a scrollbar with all of the pictures. You just click on any picture you want or scroll down the pictures. Perhaps it would be like a slideshow you want.

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

You have options here. If you like, select the whole folder's worth of images and drag them into Preview for display in a window (if Preview is your default app for images, apple-down arrow may be all you need to do). Preview will also let you do a slideshow, if that makes sense with the screen you use.

Or, if you don't want to bother with Preview, select the images in Finder, Ctrl-click, and pick Slideshow from the menu.

5. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, thanks you all for your fast replies! Sorry, I'm still learning the dark alleys and cat ways of this amazing piece of hardware. Thanks again!

6. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm trying out the Xee program and I'm just wondering how to set it as the default preview image program?