image uploading problems...

the kid 05

macrumors regular
Original poster
Both photobucket and imageshack just sit and sit and sit when i try to upload a file, its not even big! its 553kb. i have tried safari, firefox, opera and NONE of them work...does anyone else have this problem? is their an alternet solution to uploading my pictures?

thanks

tim

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
the kid 05 said:
Both photobucket and imageshack just sit and sit and sit when i try to upload a file, its not even big! its 553kb. i have tried safari, firefox, opera and NONE of them work...does anyone else have this problem? is their an alternet solution to uploading my pictures?

thanks

tim
How long have you waited before giving up? My experience with photobucket is that it can take a LONG time - I usually go do something else while the pics are uploading. It's not unusual for it to take 10 minutes, or even more. And I have pretty good bandwidth.

the kid 05

macrumors regular
Original poster
annk said:
How long have you waited before giving up? My experience with photobucket is that it can take a LONG time - I usually go do something else while the pics are uploading. It's not unusual for it to take 10 minutes, or even more. And I have pretty good bandwidth.
i've sat there untell it says something close to you have lose your internet connection,

the kid 05

macrumors regular
Original poster
mad jew said:
Can you upload images to other sites, such as these forums? :)
nope its starting to piss me off i have new pictures of my setup that i want to share too! and i created some new p/s creations too for a football site i go too. this sucks:mad: ! is their any way my computer can limit the amount of data i upload?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Are you on a home internet connection? Does your internet connection require a specific set of proxy settings or do you have specific proxy settings installed when they are not needed? :)

the kid 05

macrumors regular
Original poster
mad jew said:
Are you on a home internet connection? Does your internet connection require a specific set of proxy settings or do you have specific proxy settings installed when they are not needed? :)
yes im on a home internet connection. i never ever touch the proxy settings, sort of a don't know dont touch senerio, and while i was on my windows machine i had no problem i jumped to me mac pro had no problem for a while then maybe 3 weeks it stopped alowing me too upload